Sunday, August 3, 2014

William's Nautical Bathroom, Part 2

The process for redecorating our little guy's bathroom from shabby chic (before he was a member of the household) to a more masculine motif has been a fun, if somewhat long, process. A big thanks to everyone who voted for their favorite decal to finish up William's bathroom. (To see Part 1 of the redo click here ) The majority of you voted for "A smooth sea never made a skillful sailor." You can see the results below.

 Option A from https://www.etsy.com/shop/OldBarnRescueCompany?ref=l2-shopheader-name
Option B fromhttps://www.etsy.com/shop/openheartcreations?ref=l2-shopheader-name
Option C from  https://www.etsy.com/shop/WelcomingWalls?ref=l2-shopheader-name
While C was my favorite option too, I just didn't care for the design style as much as I did for A. So, I contacted Adonna over at OldBarnRescueCompany, and explained that I loved their style, but they didn't have the phrase I wanted. She was so helpful, and sent me three different customized options to choose from right away. Seriously, I cannot say enough good things about her or her Etsy shop (click here to visit).

I eagerly awaited my decal, and when it arrived, I could not have been happier! It was perfect! It came with detailed instructions, and a free "smile" sample for practice.

The first thing to do is measure the decal (mine was 51in.) and center it on the wall. Painter's tape is very helpful for that part. Since my decal was so big and going up so high, this was easier said than done. Thankfully, OldBarnRescueCompany included those detailed how-to instructions, and they also have an online video tutorial. 

Once you have it in place, run a piece of painter's tape down the middle section of your decal. 

Pull one side towards you and peel the backing off...carefully. Once you have a big enough section, cut the backing off, and place the decal back on the wall. 


Then repeat the process on the opposite side. 
Rub the entire decal with a credit card to get it to adhere, and then slowly start to peel away the top layer...I found diagonally worked best for me. Since my decal was so long, after I peeled off a large section, I cut the paper away to make things easier to handle. 

TaDa! These decals are so beautifully made and there are so many color options to choose from, that they make the perfect personalizing touch for any room.




I am in love with my decal! It is exactly what I wanted. I  recommend you hop on over to look at OldBarnRescueCompany. They have so many wonderful products to choose from, and, as I found out, they are wonderful at creating beautiful custom pieces. And as if that isn't enough, they have graciously provided a 10% discount code for Family, Faith and DIY's followers. The code is SUMMER14, and it is valid through September 21st. Happy decaling! 







1 comment :

  1. That turned out so great!!! I love the red anchor and how well it flows with the shower curtain!

    ReplyDelete