Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Indoor "Garden" Party

Little Man invited some of his friends over for a play date today. Unfortunately, it is simply too hot here in South Florida for outdoor play right now, and it can be a bit boring for toddlers to play inside. So, I decided to have a little fun with it. The guests were asked to wear party attire (out of respect for their privacy the guests aren't in the pictures or their faces are hidden), I moved all the furniture out of the way and set up a kid-friendly Indoor "Garden" Party.
I don't think Little Man knew what to do with himself. He has never seen his house so topsy-turvy., but he liked it.
Here he is the morning of (in his mismatched jammies) enjoying the chaos. 

Just because the heat or rain or maybe even snow keeps you inside, it doesn't mean you have to settle for ordinary. I did my best to make a little play Utopia for them with what I had on hand...and at my parent's house. I set up a picnic table, reading area with books and a puzzle, a pillow pool, car mat area, crawl through bus and tunnel, teeter totter, tea set (one of the guests brought this for the party and it was a huge hit! It was a Leap Frog product, and if I had a girl, we would be getting one).  Fun was all around. 


The first guest was Skinny Latte Mommy's little Miss Cupcake. She and my Little Man are very good little friends. 


(Little Man really liked the tea set:)) 

Then we had to break for snack time. Skinny Latte Mommy brought a healthy, homemade snack for the kiddos...only four ingredients. Check out the recipe here. They are beautiful and I requested she leave a few behind for Little Man's snacking pleasure. 

Too bad these mommies never stop blogging and feed their kids, right? Haha! 

It was a lot of fun to do something different and unexpected. I think/hope everyone had a lovely time. I certainly did. 

Do you have any indoor play date ideas that you would like to share? I'd love to hear them! 


2 comments :

  1. What an adorable idea! Stopping by from the SITS Girls ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This indoor garden party is just wonderful. The ideas are so lovely. Really loved all your efforts. Have never arranged such party so want to throw a garden party for my niece and her friends at one of New York venues. Very happy and excited to arrange it.

    ReplyDelete