Monday, March 23, 2015

Thumb Bunny Loves You


I love to try new, holiday crafts with Little Man. They are lots of fun for us to do together, and a nice surprise in the mailbox for our out-of-town grandparents and great-grandparents. I actually had some blank stationary left over from a recent baby shower, so I had everything on hand.


I measured my card and typed up what I wanted the card to say using Word. We made five cards, and they were all personalized for the recipients. 

Then (very carefully) set up your crafting/painting area. I feel as though I made a proverbial "deal with the devil" to accomplish this task. Little Man was promised full use of the remaining paint and brushes if he cooperated with stamping his thumb three separate times on all five cards. He cooperated (barely), but had a fantastic time painting once we were done with the cards. 

I put my paint in bowls, but I used a sponge and a brush to apply the paint onto his thumbs. This way the paint wouldn't be a huge glob on the card. I probably brushed too much on anyways. 

I lost some of my in-between photos...my own fault:(  Anyways, after the paint was dry, I drew on little faces, ears and tails. An artist I am not, but it got the job done.  

H"o"ppy Easter!





2 comments :

  1. So cute! I think I might have my daughter make these for grandma! Thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is still hanging on Nannies' refrigerator! Love it

    ReplyDelete