Tuesday, March 10, 2015

I "Wheelie" Like You

Well, this is a bit late, but better late than never. Maybe this can be an inspiration for next Valentines Day. It's kind of difficult finding a Valentine for boys to give out that isn't cheesy or gross (monsters show affection, right?). I searched Pinterest for ideas, and was not disappointed. I found jollymom's blog and it had exactly what I wanted. She included the free printable link right in the post! For my car obsessed little boy, these Valentines were absolutely perfect. So perfect, in fact, that he gave them to his friends AND received one from mommy and daddy.

After printing off the Valentine (cardstock paper is best) here is what I used:
Ribbon (I think the black/white ribbon looks like a road)
Cars
Hole Puncher
Paper Cutter
Scissors


I'm sure there must be a way to get the template to fit whatever size card you have, but I don't know how to do it. So, I had to cut my paper to fit.

Here is what mine looked like after being trimmed and personalized. 

I placed my car where I wanted it, and made marks so I could see where to punch the holes. 

Then thread the ribbon through. 


All done! 

A great, boy-friendly Valentine gift that is easy to DIY!  

Thanks jollymom for the inspiration and printable! 





1 comment :

  1. Clever. And so appropriate for William (the car enthusiast)

    ReplyDelete