Tuesday, June 16, 2015

From Shab to Fab!


I am a big fan of my local Facebook Yard Sale pages. (You should check to see what groups are in your area) I've had some really great success stories. This is one of them!
I had the good fortune to be on Facebook this past Saturday, when someone posted in two of the local groups that I follow. She said she was closing up her yard sale and anything left was free. It wasn't too far away, so my dear hubby went on an errand for me. He brought home this diamond in the rough.


It was tacky and dirty/dusty. I pulled out all the yucky, silk flowers and greenery. When I was done it was easy to see that the wires that ran up and down the sides had been bent and twisted to accommodate the plants. 


So, I pulled them out. It was easier than I thought it would be. 


I hosed it down with a water hose and wiped the whole thing dry. Not too bad. 




I'm not sure if I have found the "perfect" spot for it yet and I'm not digging the white candle in it, but those are both easy fixes. I love it, and it cost me absolutely nothing!  




No comments :

Post a Comment